The all-new 2018 Toyota Camry unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show
January 21 2017, Marie-Andrée Boisvert
Presented at the Detroit Auto Show, the new2018 Camry has been completely redesigned to provide an unprecedented driving experience. With its sweeping exterior lines and a low center of gravity, it’s likely to be the mid-sized sedan of the year!
The 2018 Camry has a spacious driver-centric and ergonomic interior along with its new gasoline and hybrid engines produce more power and deliver better fuel economy. It’s also comes equipped with the Toyota Safety Sense.
A breathtaking design!
"The Toyota Camry is redesigned with breathtaking design, state-of-the-art safety systems and an impressive array of technology and performance that transcend the driving pleasure of this sedan," said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President of Toyota Canada Inc. "It's the best mid-size sedan we've ever produced, and we're confident it will more than meet Canadian drivers’ expectations."
Toyota states that it designed the new Camry around three main objectives: a distinctive low center of gravity that fosters a wide stance; a practical yet ergonomic cockpit; and a sporty, refined image both inside and out. Thus, the sedan adds a seductive and racy look to the pleasure of driving.
Innovative specifications include:
- 10"high head-up colour display (HUD)
- 7"multifunction display in the instrument cluster
- 8 "audio/navigation system screen with a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control panel integrated in the center block in a modern design with flush surfaces
- Advanced powertrains
- All-new 2.5-litre Dynamic Force 4-cylinder engine paired with a new 8-speed Direct Shift automatic transmission (8AT)
- 3.5L V6 withD-4S fuel injection
- New generation Toyota hybrid system with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- The Toyota Safety Sense system, which combines the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection function (PCS with PD), the New Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), the Lane Departure Alert system withSteering Assistance (LDA with SA) and AutomaticHigh-Beams (AHB)
- Blind Spot monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-TrafficAlert (RCTA) and Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) with optional Rear Cross-Traffic Braking (RCTB)
- Available Bird’s Eye View camera with perimeter scan function
- Enhanced body/platform structure with the adoption of a new high-strength body offering better protection for occupants in the event of a front or side collision in head-on or offset collisions
See the presentation of the new Camry 2018 in livestream here: livestream.com/Toyota/Detroit2017/videos/146363246
In short, the Camry has already been the most sold car of its segment in Canada in the last two years, and it’s a sure bet that with the 2018 model, it will stay in 1st place.