Plan your budget to fuel your next trip!
November 20 2015, Marie-Andrée Boisvert
When planning a family visit or a trip with friends, we rarely think about the cost of gasoline for our road trip. Yet with Canada Retail Fuel Prices, it’s easy to see the retail price of gasoline across Canada. Enjoy it and save money!
To do this, first take note of the way of your vehicle’s kilometres are calculated, or the fuel consumption according to the manufacturer’s specifications (add 2 to 3 litres more than that specified by the manufacturer). With this data, it's easy to know your car’s exact consumption.
To do the calculation, you need the following data:
1. Know the mileage of the trip: Google Maps Montreal to Rouyn-Noranda (2 x 627 km (return trip) = 1254 km)
2. Add additional travel for unexpected detours, ie, around 10%, so an additional 125 km.
3. Determine the total mileage: 1254 km + 125 = 1,379 or 1,400 km roundtrip
4. Add your car’s consumption: my car consumes an average of 9 l / 100 km according to its onboard computer
5. Determine the price of gasoline as it changes: according to the Essence Canada website, you would pay $ 1.09 / litre today
1,400 km x 9 litres / 100 km = 126 litres
126 litres x $ 1.09 = $137.34 for gasoline, so a fuel budget of $137
Now it’s up to you to enjoy the road and have a beautiful family trip to Abitibi!