Introducing Toyota Entune 3.0, Available on the 2018 Toyota Camry
September 15 2017, Marie-Andrée Boisvert
Entune 3.0 is even slightly more than what we already know and here’s why:
5 key elements of the new Entune 3.0
In order to quench the ever-increasing thirst for new technological needs, Toyota has truly innovated in the technology realm by configuring ever-changing elements over the years. Here are some key elements:
The Safety Connect is ready to respond if problems arise on the road. In the event of a puncture or emergency, the vehicle's on-board cellular and GPS technology can be used to contact a 24/7 Response Centre agent who will come to the rescue. Here are some of its functions:
- 1. Assistance in case of theft
- 2. Automatic collision notification
- 3. Roadside Assistance in the event of a breakdown, puncture, towing or other need
- 4. Stolen vehicle locator
App Suite Connect
Entune's App Suite Connect provides simple, seamless access to a variety of useful applications. The system allows you to plan an evening outing, find the best route to get to your destination, or listen to your favourite music on the road, and more.
For driving convenience and safety, most applications support voice-activated hands-free search. Here are some available applications:
- 1. Slacker: To ride to music, you now have access to hundreds of radio stations and millions of songs.
- 2. Yelp: A participatory network that provides assessments of local businesses. The route can then be sent to your navigation system.
- 3. Weather: To stay informed of the conditions and to be always on time. Check the weather conditions and three-day forecasts using the voice recognition system. (Offered as an integrated service with Entune 3.0.
- 4. Fuel: Locate the nearest gas stations and compare gas prices with the voice-activated hands-free search.
Destination Assist Connect
The Destination Assist function connects you with a Response Centre agent to help you find places of interest and activities. The coordinates are sent to your navigation system, so you don’t have to let go of the steering wheel or take your eyes off the road. You can ask to speak in all major languages, including English, French and Mandarin. In particular, it provides:
- 1. Destination search
- 2. Direct download of the destination to your GPS
- 3. Tailored destination service for information on restaurants, hotels or other venues
Scout GPS Link Navigation
On Toyota models that aren’t equipped with integrated navigation, Entune offers Scout GPS Link, a smartphone application that is connected to your touch screen. Animated maps, turn-by-turn directions and route-based traffic flow allow you to stick to your schedule and arrive on time; all with simple voice commands.
The system is very useful for the following activities:
- 1. Directions and maps
- 2. Add dashboard bookmarks, so you don’t miss anything on your way
- 3. For people in a hurry, use the quickest route function
ENTUNE applications, services and subscription terms vary depending on the multifunction display, so you can choose the package that best suits your needs for optimal connectivity and peace of mind. Subscriptions are primarily for music and use of sophisticated functions.
Finally, to find out more about ENTUNE 3.0, contact our team at 1 855 398-9581 or come and visit our dealership!