An exceptional start to the year for Toyota with record sales!
February 06 2017, Marie-Andrée
On February 1, Toyota unveiled its latest sales figures. For a third consecutive month, Toyota has broken sales record for its hybrid cars. As if that weren’t enough, for the last seven months, Lexus sales rodethe same wave with sales figuresnever before seen.
A strong year
At Toyota, the 2017 calendar year is getting off to the same fast start as was the case with the conclusion of 2016, that is to say with a strong increase in sales. It’s not surprising to see this quality builder rise up the sales ladder with its roughly 12,176 vehicles sold in January 2017,breaking the record. For LEXUS, January was also a particularly strong month for sales of Lexus SUVs, with 1,026 sold, for a 14% increase.
Vehicle sales at Toyota
- Toyota RAV4: 2,693 units sold, an increase of 8.5% (new record in January)
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid: 388 units sold, up 20.9% (new record in January)
- Toyota Highlander: 1,074 units sold, up 33.3% (new record in January)
- Lexus RX: 554 units sold, up 5.7% (new record in January)
- Toyota Corolla: 2,527 units sold, up 16.2%
- Toyota 4Runner: 519 units, an increase of 11.6%
- Lexus NX: 356 units, an increase of 16.3%
Toyota makes driver assistance systems accessible
Toyota's latest driver assistance program has been enthusiastically received by consumers. Indeed, the Japanese manufacturer recently announced that these advanced safety systems grouped under Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) are now offered in popular models and it hopes to equip all of its cars by the end of 2017.
Toyota, a strong Canadian network for excellent service
Toyota Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold more than 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealers across the country. Toyota is dedicated to providing safety, quality and reliability in Canadian vehicles.